On-The-Ground ProjectsLandSmart On-the-Ground® projects help people put their farm and ranch plans into action. The RCD works in partnership with land owners and managers on projects to conserve, protect, and restore natural resources. Technical staff can provide assistance with project development, construction oversight, permitting, and environmental compliance. On the ground projects can result from LandSmart Plans, landowner ideas, or other natural resource priorities.
On-the-Ground projects implemented through this program achieve natural resource and land management goals and include:
- Erosion control on roads, gullies, and streambanks
- Enhancement of fish and wildlife habitat
- Alternative water supply development
- Manure and pasture management
- Soil health improvement for productivity and carbon sequestration
"Collaborative projects with the RCD and their partners have been a great way for us to achieve our sustainability goals while improving our vineyard and the creek that runs through it," Gio Martorana, Martorana Family Winery.